If you’re anything like most new parents, you probably have a never-ending list of things you need for your baby. But with all the gear, clothes, and toys out there, it can be tough to know what’s actually worth your money.
To help you sort through the overwhelming number of options, we’ve rounded up some of the best baby shower gifts that new parents will actually use. From must-have nursery essentials to life-saving products for those middle-of-the-night feedings, these are the gifts that will make new parents’ lives a little bit easier.
- A quality crib: This is one newborn essential that you don’t want to skimp on. Look for a sturdy crib with adjustable mattress heights that will grow with your baby.
- A comfortable glider: You’ll be spending a lot of time in the nursery, so make sure you have a comfortable place to sit. A glider is perfect for nursing or rocking your baby to sleep.
- A changing table: A changing table will make diaper changes a breeze, and it’s also a great place to store all of your baby’s essentials. Just make sure to choose one with plenty of storage space.
- Crib bedding: Don’t forget the bedding! Opt for cozy sheets and a warm blanket to keep your baby snuggled up at night.
- A white noise machine: A white noise machine can be a lifesaver for new parents. It can help soothe a fussy baby, and it can also block out any external noise that might disturb your little one’s sleep.
- Blackout curtains: Blackout curtains are another must-have for the nursery. They’ll help keep the room dark and quiet, which will make it easier for your baby to sleep during the day.
- A diaper pail: A diaper pail is essential for containing those stinky diapers. Look for one with an airtight lid to keep the smell contained.
- A nursing pillow: A nursing pillow will help make night feedings more comfortable for both you and your baby. Look for one that’s firm and supportive so you can get a good latch.
- A breast pump: If you plan on pumping, a quality breast pump is a must-have. Look for one that’s quiet and easy to use so you can get the job done quickly.
- Nursing pads: Nursing pads will help keep your clothes dry during feedings. They’re also great for protecting your bedding from leaks.
- A burp cloth: You’ll definitely need a burp cloth (or two!) to catch any spit-up or leaks during feedings. Choose ones that are soft and absorbent so they won’t irritate your skin.
- A nightlight: A nightlight is essential for those late-night feedings. It’ll help you see what you’re doing, and it’ll also provide some calming light for your baby.
- Baby clothes: Of course, you’ll need some clothes for your new arrival! Stock up on onesies, sleep suits, and other essentials.
- Diapers: Don’t forget the diapers! You’ll need plenty of these for those middle-of-the-night changes.
- Wipes: Baby wipes are another essential for those late-night changes. Choose ones that are gentle and hypoallergenic to avoid irritating your baby’s skin.
- A stroller: A stroller is a must-have for any new parent. It’s perfect for getting out and about with your baby, and it can also be used as a car seat when you’re on the go. Just make sure to choose one that’s lightweight and easy to maneuver.
- A car seat: A car seat is another essential for any new parent. It’s required by law in most states, and it’s also the best way to keep your baby safe while you’re on the road. Choose one that’s easy to install and use so you can be sure your little one is always properly secured.
- A diaper bag: A diaper bag is a must-have for any new parent. It’s perfect for carrying all of your baby’s essentials when you’re on the go. Look for one that’s roomy and has plenty of pockets to keep everything organized.
- A changing pad: You’ll need a changing pad for those inevitable diaper changes, so choose one that’s comfortable and easy to clean.
That’s it! These are just some of the must-have items for any new parent. With these essentials, you’ll be prepared for anything that comes your way.