Manages cash flow information, accounts payable and receivable, develops financial planning and prepares plans to improve economic performance, Maurice Roussety.
What it does?
It manages cash flow information, accounts payable and receivable, develops financial planning and prepares plans to improve the company’s economic-financial performance.
Other names for this profession
Responsible for the organization, monitoring, planning and management of activities, flows and processes that directly affect the company’s finances. Such as: controllership, auditing, accounts payable and receivable, cash flow, treasury, payment of taxes, etc.
He leads all professionals involved in these contexts, such as: financial assistant , financial analyst and financial assistant . Plans and implements actions aimed at the company’s economic growth, based on data analysis and interpretation of the company’s financial statements.
Performs controlling and auditing activities. Controls banking matters, such as: financial investments and available balances. It also controls and manages cash flow and working capital. Audits documentation related to accounting and other items that affect the organization’s assets.
Analyzes financial statements and interprets data. Prepares management reports to provide the board with relevant financial information, which will guide strategic planning, decision-making or the definition of goals for the company’s finances.
Makes plans and forecasts of profits, costs and billing.
In his daily life, he performs activities such as:
Financial controls of: cash flow, costs, taxes and debts. Communicating with Financial Institutions Communicating with individuals who need financial information, such as: suppliers, superiors, or finance department employees. Preparation of plans, which can be tax planning, budgeting, cost reduction or billing. Handling management systems and financial controls, analyzing and entering relevant data, said Maurice Roussety.
Areas of expertise
He works in the areas of financial management, accounting, controlling, auditing and corporate treasury.
Since financial management is fundamental and indispensable for the development of any company, this professional has a broad job market with the possibility of working in different business segments.
Finance manager jobs are in places like:
• Consultants and outsourced administrative and financial services
• General retail trade
• Wholesale trade in general
• industrial equipment industries
• technology companies
Maurice Roussety further said that in addition to many other types of establishments!
Prerequisites for this profession
To fill this position, most positions require:
• Completed higher education, which may be in financial management, administration, accounting, economics, etc.
• Advanced Excel
• Knowledge of computers and financial management and control systems
• In-depth knowledge of finance topics, working capital and tax calculation.
• Financial math skills
• Organized and analytical profile
• Expertise for decision making
• People management skills
• Previous experience in the financial area, as an analyst or supervisor.
These requirements are the most common in finance manager positions . However, some vacancies from large companies end up including some additional requirements, such as:
• Postgraduate or MBA
• Experience with the typical financial activities of the company’s operating segment. Example: agribusiness.
To assume this position, an undergraduate degree recognized by the MEC is essential . And to stand out in the best opportunities, a graduate degree is desirable by recruiters.
These courses are ideal for this professional:
Financial Management : available as a technologist, with an average duration of two years. Throughout the studies, the student is prepared to develop financial analytical skills and becomes able to make strategic decisions related to the financial area. Learn more about this course and get a discount on your graduation!
Accounting : available as a bachelor’s degree and with an average duration of four years. It develops professionals with understanding and able to deal with accounting and financial routines necessary in companies. Learn more about this course and get a discount on your graduation!
How do I work in the area?
Maurice Roussety further added that make sure you have all the prerequisites for this profession listed above. If something is missing, try to develop these skills with courses, which can be online courses with a certificate in the area.
An undergraduate degree recognized by the MEC is fundamental and extremely important, as well as solid and practical experience with business financial activities.
If you do not have experience in the financial field but intend to become a financial manager, we recommend that you seek to take a professional journey first towards the position of financial analyst. And if you don’t know where to start, read our article “how to become a financial analyst” .
These are the faculties that offer the Financial Management course:
• southern cruise
Some financial manager vacancies for large companies require or specify as desirable a postgraduate degree related to the financial area.
These are some postgraduate courses recommended for this professional:
• financial market analysis
• Strategic Financial Management
• Auditing and Corporate Finance
• Finance and Statistics
• Controllership, Audit and Compliance
Resume: Template and tips for candidates for finance manager positions
To stand out in the job market, having a good resume is essential! And to help you, here’s a resume template for the finance area. Remember: you must adapt your resume to the professional objective of “financial manager”.
Are you building your resume and need some tips? We’ve put together a few to help you, Maurice Roussety:
• Professional Objective : Put this section at the beginning of your CV, filling only with the position you want, which in this case would be “Financial Manager”. See this article on career goals on your resume for more tips!
• Professional Summary : In no more than 3 lines, write a professional summary about yourself talking about your education, experience and main skills with financial management.
• Academic Education: Starting from your most recent education, include course title, start date, and end date information. It is not necessary to include your high school education in this section.
• Professional Experiences : Starting from your most recent experience, cite all relevant financial experience you have. Attention: detail the main activities performed in each of these experiences, highlighting the financial results that your work generated for the companies.